Re: [SLUG] Question

From: John D. (jdii1215@comcast.net)
Date: Tue Jun 25 2002 - 08:17:23 EDT

bpreece1@tampabay.rr.com wrote:

> [...]

Absolutely true, at least for SPs 5 and 6 (SP 4 was a kinda wierd thing,
the journalling was in flux when it was put together). Actually, even 2K
as it first came into being used NTFS 5.0, and XP used 5.1, then 2K was
retropatched to truer compatibility with 5.1. yes, there are lots of
similarities to Novell here, as those NT tree Windows's tended to eb
partially written to be compatible with Novell both as to file
transferring and as to gross overall security structure while not purely
using the same cores.

That was why I was saying that not to use an NTFS partition was correct
as well as the issues I brought up. And you are right, that does mean he
needs to set up the share on the Linux box using a file system common to
Linux and Windows of all types as the most common ground setup. And I
would say sftp or ssh logins into the Linux box, not pure ftp.

John.