Re: [SLUG] kernel compile tutorial and problems

From: Ken Billings (lists@coffeehouseltd.com)
Date: Tue Jun 25 2002 - 11:23:15 EDT

There's one other thing that's helpful that I don't see mentioned all that
often in these discussions. Depending on your distro, you'll probably
have several config files in the source for its bundled kernel. I know
Redhat does this, not sure about others. They are in the configs/
directory when you untar (rpm, whatever) the distro's kernel source file.
I had a hell of a first time getting a vanilla kernel to work until I
realized this. They give you something to start from, anyway. It
probably won't help in this particular case, but I thought I'd throw it
out there...
-Ken