Re: [SLUG] kernel compile tutorial and problems

From: Bill (bill@organic-earth.com)
Date: Tue Jun 25 2002 - 23:27:12 EDT

On Tuesday 25 June 2002 09:59, you wrote:
> I just compiled the 2.4.10 kernel and it just looks and will not load. It
> checks for keyboard and mouse and then after that it finds the hard disk
> and the floppy and then after I choose the kernel I want it says loading
> linux-2.4.10 for just a quick s econd and then it just starts over again.
> Anyone have any suggestions on where to look for the error??
>
> Does anyone have access to a good clear tutorial on how to compile a kernel
> from source?
>
> Michael C. Rock

This one has always worked well for me. The only thing the author doesn't do
is come and mash the keys for me. :-)

http://www.linuxlookup.com/html/guides/kernel.html

Bill

--
 11:21pm  up  5:19,  2 users,  load average: 0.09, 0.08, 0.02

(Four hr power outage beats 1 hr UPS.)

"I'm thinking of going back to Windows; in Linux, none of the viruses seem to work."

http://organic-earth.com Organic urban gardening. With photos.