[SLUG] Florida (?Tampa?) Power-outage occurance..

From: Marc W. (marcw@tampabay.rr.com)
Date: Wed Jun 26 2002 - 07:55:22 EDT

> Bill
> --
> 11:21pm up 5:19, 2 users, load average: 0.09, 0.08, 0.02
>
> (Four hr power outage beats 1 hr UPS.)

What is the DEAL with the power outages around here?? I went for two
whole years in Germany without one single power outage -- I've lived
here for a little over three weeks and there have already been two, one
that lasted for at least 5 hours. Are the power co. techs that
incompetent or is the infrastructure that weak? I'd think that they
would have found some way to protect the system from mother nature by
now...

Marc W.
"Freedom as in Free Beer is what I'm after"