[SLUG] RH 7.3 and Compaq

From: Chuck Hast (kp4djt@tampabay.rr.com)
Date: Fri Jun 28 2002 - 09:12:15 EDT

I tried to install RH 7.3 on three compaq machines at work.
The first a DeskPro 4000, it went well except that when I run
X the screen gets all messed up even when you shut X down
the console screen is totally screwed up, the quick fix is to issue
a reboot command let it go down and come back up again, of course
no X until I figure that one out.

The second machine is a ProLiant 1500 it has a level 5 raid in it,
all of the media except for the floppy are SCUSI, when I try to load
the OS, I get a "Not enough memory for RH 7.3 to run" message
the machine has 168M of ram in it, so it should run just find. One
thing, the RAM is EDO not sure if that has to do with it or not.

The third machine is a EN 6500 it has 384m of ram and appeared
to load everything just fine, but when I re-booted all I got was a
black screen with a cursor in the upper LH corner, that is as far as
it goes.

Any ideas on these?

--
Chuck Hast