Re: [SLUG] Whats the name of the daemon

From: Bill (bill@organic-earth.com)
Date: Sat Jun 29 2002 - 15:07:20 EDT

On Saturday 29 June 2002 11:32, you wrote:

> That aside, what is the name of the daemon which keeps the clock in
> synchronization with the atomic clock. Even more helpful, if you know
> the name of the Debian package to apt-get.

ntpdate adjusts the clock.

You'll have to run ntpd and configure some servers to suck the time from ...
not too complicated at all. One niggle is that you might not be able to get
the servers via url. If so, substitute the IP address and all should be fine.

Bill

--
  3:00pm  up 3 days, 20:58,  2 users,  load average: 0.00, 0.00, 0.00

Was 126 days. I got nailed by a 4 hour outage on a 1 hour UPS.

"I'm thinking of going back to Windows; in Linux, none of the viruses seem to work."

http://organic-earth.com Organic urban gardening. With photos.