Re: [SLUG] Rookie needs help

From: Russ Wright (rwrigh10@tampabay.rr.com)
Date: Sat Jul 06 2002 - 22:21:35 EDT

Okay,

If I understand, you made a disk and you are getting errors while installing
from disk. sooooo......

Take a look at the color of the disk you burnt it to. Some older CD drives
don't have enough laser power to read the dark blue CD-R disks. You might
try a silver CD-R.

If you did use a silver CD-R I'd suggest trying a new disk or a new copy of
the image.

If that does not work you can purchase a copy from cheapcds.com or you might
splurge and actually purchase a copy from Best Buy or some other retailer.

I had a similar problem and burning on light colored CD-Rs made the
difference.

Regards
Russ