Re: [SLUG] Slug posts slow or what?

From: Eric Bravick (ebravick@nks.net)
Date: Tue Jul 09 2002 - 13:46:11 EDT

Ken,

Your thanks are much appreciated!

We are continuously attempting to improve the services we provide to
SLUG, and we always welcome constructive feedback (and, of course,
thanks...)

Ken Billings wrote:

> > This has been discussed before, and the NKS people have spent some time
> > working on the server this list is hosted on. There appears to have
> > been some improvement, but I have to make one point. This list is a
>
> Since the topic has come up again, I feel that I must apologize to the
> server admins. I have readily pointed out a few times in the past that
> the list had a very slow turnaround time. However, I didn't say a thing
> when the issue was examined and solved, at least for the majority of posts
> (all of the ones I've looked into.) For example, here's a few headers
> from the post I'm responding to:
> by bart.nks.net (8.9.3/8.9.3/Debian 8.9.3-21) id TAA05195
> for slug-track29; Mon, 1 Jul 2002 19:06:23 -0400
>
> Just under 11 minutes is a marked improvement from the 45 mins to over an
> hour I was seeing previously, not to mention being completely normal for a
> mailing list of any size. I say kudos to the NKS folks, not only for
> fixing the problem, but for providing the service to the community in the
> first place. I can't speak for anyone else, but from me - Thank you...
> -Ken

--   Eric Bravick, Engineering Shock Trooper    --
---       Networked Knowledge Systems          ---
----   P.O. Box 20772 Tampa, FL. 33622-0772   ----
----- (813)594-0060 Voice  (813)594-0045 FAX -----
------          ebravick@nks.net            ------
-----   This email bound by the following:   -----