[SLUG] Samba vs XP

From: patrick grantham (pwgrant@cssi-fl.com)
Date: Tue Jul 09 2002 - 18:14:11 EDT

Has anyone ever encountered XP locking up when connecting to a samba server?
I have one machine that hangs. Could be related that no password prompt is
being presented to the user at boot time. I am told by my windows friends
that there is an option that can be set to present this dialog. Any ideas?

Is there another list that is specific to linux/samba-windows issues?

Is there a way to see what lists are available on the list server?