RE: [SLUG] Samba vs XP

From: Craig Zeigler (craig@penguindevelopment.com)
Date: Wed Jul 10 2002 - 09:16:13 EDT

Password shouldn't be a problem, just because windows is logging in
automatically doesn't mean there is no password. Most likely it's
logging in as Administrator with whatever the admin password was when
the OS was installed. Windows passes that logon information to any
server you try to connect to (at least it is supposed to). This
according to Micro$oft makes it easier for the LUSER to work on a
network.

I've also had problems with Samba doing that, but it's normally not to
severe.

>From what I know, you need to have a user account to correspond to the
windows user your running under be is administrator or whatever.

Hope that is a bit of help.

Craig Zeigler