[SLUG] [Fwd: Majordomo results]

From: Matt Miller (mmiller1@mptotalcare.com)
Date: Wed Jul 10 2002 - 17:09:50 EDT

Would anyone consider it a flaw that I can request status of list
memberships of a another party's e-mail account from majordomo? I can't
think of any real good reason other than simple privacy ones.
I guess an example would be if I were a member of a majordomo list a
little more risqué than slug.
For example:

    domain @xess.com
    list a normal@xess.com
    list b deviants@xess.com

I obviously don't mind people on the normal list knowing I am a member,
but I might not like people on the normal list thinking I am a deviant
as well (or vice-versa). Odd analogy, I know -- but it was the only one
that I could think of at the spur of the moment. :-)