Re: [SLUG] need some PHP web development help with church website

From: Bob File (rfile@innet.com)
Date: Fri Jul 12 2002 - 23:21:28 EDT

On Friday 12 July 2002 04:06 pm, Russ Wright wrote:
> Well
>
> The site will be a little like a web portal.(sort of like slashdot.org) but
I've been experimenting with PHP and MySql also, so I'm not the expert you're
looking for, but there are packages out there you can use that will take
minimal coding to get started, and then you add your own as you learn.
I have phpwebsite up and running and it wasn't hard. It will let you set up a
framework and you can change the content in different sections while logged
in as an administrator. The edit window is right there in the browser, plus
an option for pictures. Or you can import from other files. I even have a
little add on that does calender events, and the ubiquitous poll.
Script Monkeys huh? Well, I never. I must admit tho, I have built a script or
two somewhere, just not with these 2 tools. Looks like they play well
together. Has anyone used the mssql functions in PHP?

http://phpwebsite.appstate.edu