Re: Re: [SLUG] Hard Drive Repair

From: awyatt@fewt.com
Date: Tue Jul 16 2002 - 11:03:24 EDT

> As to freeze up. It starts, spends up, and then starts to read but apparently
> the rear arm does not move because you keep hearing it click.

If you hear it click, then it's moving. Sounds to me like the heads are slightly out of alignment. If you are brave, you can take the cover off the drive (Do it in a dust free area!) and adjust the head with an allen wrench. Eventually if you are careful enough, you will be able to read the disk to get your data off of it. You have to realize though that the allen wrench doesn't have to move to realign that head lol. What type of drive is it? Make/Model?

-Andrew (Been there, done that)

-Andrew