Re: Re: [SLUG] Hard Drive Repair

From: Frank Roberts - SOTL (sotl155360@earthlink.net)
Date: Tue Jul 16 2002 - 16:01:05 EDT

Thanks everybody for the assistance.

As far as to what type of hard drive it is I am not sure yet. All I know is
that it was manufactured to military specks along with the laptop it is in.
So fixing it could be fun.
First I am going to try the temperature change suggestion as that is the
easiest and least invasive.
If that doesn't work then I am going to go for slightly more radical surgery.
Finally if that doesn't solve the problem I do have a big hammer that is
guarantee to stop it from making noise.

Thanks
Frank