Re: [SLUG] printer problem HELP ME STOP KILLING TREES

From: Bill (bill@organic-earth.com)
Date: Fri Jul 19 2002 - 23:17:05 EDT

On Thursday 18 July 2002 20:10, you wrote:
> I have sent a print job using the wrong driver. How to I terminate a print
> job. I have rebooted the box, and cycled the power on the printer. Blank
> pages keep getting printed. Should I just "files" in
> var/spool/lpd/y2prn_HPLJ5L.upp--raw-HPLJ5L?

I have an Epson Stylus color 600. It has enough memory to capture several
pages in ram. I think today the print spool said 103 pages (apparently all
but the first were blank) by the time I caught on that I had sent the html
version of a pdf file found on google instead of the pdf file itself to the
printer.

After killing the queue, I still had to power cycle the printer and allow
time for the ram to discharge.

--
 11:07pm  up 3 days, 22:30,  2 users,  load average: 0.12, 0.09, 0.01

"I'm thinking of going back to Windows; in Linux, none of the viruses seem to work."

http://organic-earth.com Organic urban gardening. With photos.