Re: [SLUG] GNOME opinions

From: warlord (warlord@tampabay.rr.com)
Date: Sat Jul 20 2002 - 22:09:55 EDT

On Saturday 20 July 2002 09:41 pm, you wrote:
> Regarding the new version (Gnome 2.0) I can't wait until all the
> old applets work with it. When then they do, I will give it a whirl. For
> the moment, as of Friday, while Woody was still unstable, I installed
> installed my laptop (Dell Inspiron 4000,) with SuSE 7.2 (work
> constraints) with Gnome 2.0, and my only complaint was the lack of my
> favorite applets from Gnome 1.4. It seems stable with Open Orifice.
> Sorry, don't know what distro you use, but my opinion is stick with
> Gnome 1.4, or use 2.0 if you frequently use, "bugbuddy," to postulate
> your vexations.

Currently I use the Mandrake variation, but am very interested in the Gentoo
distribution. What I'll probably do is stick with KDE till GNOME 2 has
matured and the programs have been ported over. KDE is still my DE of
choice, but all of the reviews of G2 are getting me really interested!

Thanks for the info Logan..

-Jason