[SLUG] A little nuts

From: Bill (bill@organic-earth.com)
Date: Mon Jul 22 2002 - 21:13:29 EDT

I just spent a couple hours installing a security upgrade (4.2.2) for php.

phpinfo.php reports the old version (4.0.6)

'which' reports
[root@organic-earth php-4.2.2]# which php
/usr/bin/php

and 'ls' confirms that an antique is in residence.

[root@organic-earth php-4.2.2]# ls /usr/bin/php -l
-rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 15352 Feb 27 12:59 /usr/bin/php*

According to the php installer, php installed just fine ... but where and how
do I get it (ALL of it) where it needs to be?

My guess is that I need to cp the .gz file over to some other directory
before beginning the install process but I don't see any hints about this in
the INSTALL file.

Everything else seems to be just fine ... all files found and so on. But the
executable is not were I need it to be and this is tossing me for a loop. Plz
forgive if I am asking an overly obvious question. I have been at this
keyboard for 10 hours now whacking away at various stuff and I freely confess
to possessing a jumbled brain.

However, I just got fired from my penny-ante job and I want to get serious
with this website and make the best use I have of my newly-found free time.

Don't ask. I work(ed) in a family-owned business and somebody had a hair
stuck where it doesn't belong when I walked through the door. Things were
fine when I left at midnight Saturday ... Sunday was an off day ... Monday I
was fired pretty much as I walked through the door.

Bill

--
  8:56pm  up 6 days, 20:19,  2 users,  load average: 0.08, 0.03, 0.09

"I'm thinking of going back to Windows; in Linux, none of the viruses seem to work."

http://organic-earth.com Organic urban gardening. With photos.