Re: [SLUG] Star Office and Open Office

From: robin (robin@roblimo.com)
Date: Fri Jul 26 2002 - 17:26:01 EDT

> My humble experience is that if you save a OO file with more than one page at
> a level above MS 95 then MS Office will not read it.

I'm looking at galley proofs of a book I wrote mostly in OO (the rest in
SO 6.0) that was edited by people using recent versions of MS Office
(both Windows and Mac) without any problems. Some of the chapters went
through three or four rounds of back-and-forth editing, and one had 12
illustrations in it. Chapter lengths varied between 20 and 70 pages.

We had no problems whatsoever.

- Robin