Re: [SLUG] UPS Autoshutdown

From: robin (robin@roblimo.com)
Date: Sun Jul 28 2002 - 06:13:39 EDT

> I finally bought myself a UPS unit from APC. A quick perusal of their site
> turned up no autoshutdown software for Linux, which they have for both Mac
> and Windows (of course).

???

I used APC's PowerChute software for Linux for several years before
Debbie and I went 100% laptop. Availability of Linux shutdown software
was one of the main reasons I chose APC.

APC's Web site is badly organized (I hope someone there buys a copy of
my book when it comes out!) so a lot of things on it are hard to find,
but if you go to "search" and type in "Linux" you'll get all kinds of
information.

http://www.apc.com/tools/download/ has many free downloads, including
plenty for Linux.

- Robin