[SLUG] fetchmailconf problem

From: Mike Manchester (mchester@pobox.com)
Date: Mon Jul 29 2002 - 09:59:16 EDT

I'm trying to setup fetchmail on an imap server and I'm having the
following problems. When I run fetchmailconf or for that matter fetchmail.

Traceback (innermost last):
  File "/usr/bin/fetchmailconf", line 1976, in ?
    hostname = socket.gethostbyaddr(socket.gethostname())[0]
socket.error: host not found

It's acting like it (fetchmailconf can't find the host name). I can ping
the host and it's found. I'm at a lose here. Can someone help? I'm not
sure what fetchmailconf thinks the host should be. Even a verbose
listing won't tell you what fetchmailconf retrieved as a host if anything.

Thanks
Mike M.