Re: [SLUG] LILO and WinXP

From: Austin Theen (austin@penguindevelopment.com)
Date: Mon Jul 29 2002 - 20:42:52 EDT

Actually, I use GAIM under linux which can GPG encrypt messages and is
very modular.. My ICQ on XP was 98a patched with many fixes and mods
that made it much nicer than all that new cruft.

If I was paranoid enough I could nmap and whitelist every ICQ/AIM user I
talk to with the perl module support in GAIM. But since I'm behind a
very strong firewall and I'm my workstation's security is in paranoid
mode; I beleive I'm safe. (for now alteast)

thanks for the safety/security notice. It pains me to see other lists
pushing insecure or buggy implementations..

Austin Theen