Re: [SLUG] Will not boot from CD

From: R P Herrold (herrold@owlriver.com)
Date: Mon Jul 29 2002 - 20:15:14 EDT

On Mon, 29 Jul 2002 wchast@utilpart.com wrote:

> Folks;
> I have noticed a irritating thing with some Toshiba laptops, the things
> will not boot from a linux CD. I am trying to load RH 7.3 on a Toshiba
> Portege 7010CT, I can still a XP or 2K boot CD in there and the silly

known issue, and addresed in the upcoming beta. The problem
is that the Toshiba bios does not natively support booting
from 2.88 M floppy images with the initial boot from CD rom
schema.

The new Red Hat release (presently in beta) boots and installs
solely from CD just fine on my Satellite 4xx series (even
earlier than the Portege).

-- Russ Herrold