Re: [SLUG] Will not boot from CD

From: ramiro souto (rsouto@juno.com)
Date: Tue Jul 30 2002 - 13:48:35 EDT

Hello list:

Just a quick note on this subject.
I was having all kinds of problems trying to load Linux for example:
1-Would read the bootable form the CD but t he computer still wanted ot
load W98
2-Would load Linux but still saw another OS in the MBR
3-Would not load Linux, gave me a HD error
4-Etc etc.

As per Bill and other memebrs advise I booted with W98 diskette, then
used delpart.exe
Good bye HD partititons information and evertyhing else,
Hello Linux
It took me two years to get to this, howeve I have learned a little bit.

Now for the "not the sharpest tack in the box question of the day"
Why is it so hard to make adn then use a Linux boot disk to perform the
same stuff that W98/DOS can do?
I know security has been mentioned by AJ
I have tried Tomsdisk.
I'm sorry but I just do not understand it.
Make beleive there is no other OS in the world, just Linux. How would
someoone go about booting delpart etc with Linux.

TIA
Ramiro (the pest)

GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!
http://dl.www.juno.com/get/web/.