[SLUG] Mandrake 9 update

From: Craig Zeigler (craig@penguindevelopment.com)
Date: Tue Jul 30 2002 - 13:27:13 EDT

I've been working with Mandrake 9 Beta 1 a bit more, and thus far it seems to be working well. I've had no major problems outside of Mandrake Control Center deciding to blow up. I totally gave up on Gnome 2.0 as it's not working worth a damn. KDE however has impressed me. (no I'm not normally a KDE user)

During the install my ATA RAID controller cause the system not too boot the install, however it doesn't seem to be complaining with it enabled in the BIOS. I cannot make the KDE 2.x themes work yet, but that's in the future plans. I hope if any of you are crazy enough to install this experimental version, and you happen to figure some of this stuff out before I do that you will let the list know :)

My interface is set up as close as I can get to what I normally use, and Open Office is working. I'm not yet ready to use it for anything beyond exploration and experimentation, but when it comes out I think I will.... I hope Gnome 2.0 is fixed soon as I am an avid Gnome user, and not having it work is a bit disheartening.

Craig Zeigler

Rather than a beep,
Or a rude error message,
These words: file not found.