Re: [SLUG] Star Office and Open Office

From: bpreece1@tampabay.rr.com
Date: Tue Jul 30 2002 - 22:48:40 EDT

Actually it does. I tried it for kicks with Elx it works. Now the fontastic
part can be a pain in the rear but even with Corels own distro of 1.0 1.1
and 2.0 it had problems with fontastic but it was not a huge thing to worrry
about.

It ran faster and better under Stormix Linux back then. That was a Great
Distro.

In fact they went out of bussiness but the mail server still runs :) I still
get a message from them every month. Almost 2.5 years later ....

Also Xandros claims it is suppose to make sure it will work with the new
revision of Corels Linux.

We will see.