Re: [SLUG] Gentoo w00h00!

From: Charles A. Jeffrey (cajeffrey@yahoo.com)
Date: Fri Aug 02 2002 - 02:31:07 EDT

Hi,
No problems with Gentoo Linux. I took all my Linux distributions off my machines and have installed Gentoo Linux 2.4.19-rc5 and so far so good. I liked the Sorcerer Linux concept OK but little seemed to work, then I came across where Sorcerer Linux went/left off and found Gentoo. I also tried LinuxFromScratch which didn't work either. It's not much fun to compile 8 hrs. then blow up with some compile error. Who (single or plural) ever put together Gentoo Linux I think has really got their act together and I give them my highest praise! The whole package process is outstanding, superb, and just plain works!
This type of packaging is long overdue in my humble opinion!
Thanks To Gentoo Linux,
Allen