Re: [SLUG] In need of dire help for Installing Linux on Compaq 2500 R

From: Ranjan Sharma (webuser@thelinuxusers.net)
Date: Sat Aug 03 2002 - 10:29:40 EDT

Hi guys,

        Sorry baout that. At that point in night i was too tired for RTFM.
But latest update is that Suse 8.0 Boot disk also fails. It boots up
goes to the installs screen and last line is
RAMDISK Found at Sector 0 and just sits there. So
Finally downloaded jigido and downloaded the first cd of the 7 cd set.
Althoguh debian warns using this cd on a total SCSI system and suggests
using the 2nd cd. Kudos to them my system Finaly was able to load
the kernel and it went past keyborad recognizion and partition
of hard disk. So right now in the process of downloading all the
debian disk.

        Redhat has been my favourite distribution for two years But now
i have to give debian at least 2000 Points for atleast giving me
a hope.

        Just as a note i am trying to figure out how to automate this
jigido download. For every iso image it asks me the ftp site
and couple of confirmations. I want to download all of them becuase
i have to configure this box stand alone before i can put it on internet.