[SLUG] In need of dire help for Installing Linux on Compaq 2500 R

From: Ranjan Sharma (webuser@thelinuxusers.net)
Date: Sat Aug 03 2002 - 01:06:59 EDT

        Hi,

                Just got a comapq 2500R with pentium 200Mhz dual processor
256MB ram. 5 4.3GB SCSI-3 Hard Disk controlled by Smart 2-DH controller
in RAID-5. I was trying to install Redhat 7.3 on it. Which dies saying
not enough ram. Serached google found some other people saying that.
Now if any one else tried this and succesed so please let me know.
Other wise is their a way to install Suse/Debian without connecting
to internet i mean during the installation. Or should i try any other
distribution. I want to make this as a Router/Mail Server/Firewall/IMAP Server
No X is required.
Although this has two ether net card on it. I don't want to
put this on internet without configuting everyhitng. I have another pc which
is running my mailserver so can not afford to connect to internet for
installation.

Bye
ranjan