Re: [SLUG] Gentoo w00h00!

From: warlord@tampabay.rr.com
Date: Sat Aug 03 2002 - 08:47:42 EDT

> I don't really understand what u r asking but for me i did this to set up
gentoo linux 2
work with dhcp.

I was wondering if it would have been easier to turn my router over to DHCP to
install Gentoo, instead of using the dedicated IP's that each machine on my
network has. I didn't know the broadcast address of my NIC in the Linux box
so I was a bit apprehensive since it asked for my broadcast address.

Well I threw caution to the wind and started the install. I got it up and
installing, I am now compiling my source and will be set to compile KDE and X,
and man those take FOREVER!!!!

Thanks for the input...

-J