Re: [SLUG] In need of dire help for Installing Linux on Compaq 2500 R

From: Ranjan Sharma (webuser@thelinuxusers.net)
Date: Sun Aug 04 2002 - 11:26:27 EDT

Hi,

        I was finaly able to put debian onto it.In their kernel build
mem=256M makes the ker nel read all of the available memmory. Now
that is a separate issue that machine just boots up and it does
not like any of my two network card one defalut and one from
3com.There is no virutal screens that is so common on other
distribuitns. So this is going to take a long to fix and reconfigure
all of the issues with machine. I did not think of mandrake because
i was not at all interested in X.Now the only reason to try that
is to submit defeat in front of debian.

        As for machine choice i got stuck with it. There is not always
choices over choosing the box.So i am stuck with this box and
to make it work.I could not find a download page for this
stratup cd. Is it not available for download.

Bye
rnjan