Re: [SLUG] Radio Stations

From: Smitty (a.smitty@verizon.net)
Date: Mon Aug 05 2002 - 18:24:09 EDT

On Monday 05 August 2002 13:18, you wrote:
> www.wolffm.com 70's 80' 90' hits rock ,newwave, light rock, some more
> progressive rock and etc., mixed Nice station
> www.knac.com hard rock metal
> www.hardradio.com hard rock metal
> www.live365.com this one has over 300 channels
>
> Also folks if you are into online radio these stations as all online radio
> is in trouble thanks to the RIAA trying to shut them down especially the
> low budget guys.

Frankly, the large recording companies have direct ties to organized crime.
Read _Hitmen_ by Danon. The internet radio stations don't operate on payola
and have great latitude in what they will play. The riaa mafia doesn't like
that because bribes and drugs doesn't put the internet stations "under
control".

> Check out www.saveinternetradio.com or .org they need your help. It seems
> that the RIAA wants these guys to pay big buck to play the Music.
> This concept sounds stupid to pay them to play their music and promote it.
> Without the Radio Stations the Artist don't sell material.

The riaa only cares if they can con musicians into a unethical contract so
that they can rip them off. Their motives are purely criminal.

> Something has went bass ackwards they are robbing the Consumers, Fans and
> the Artist. Not to mention the fact the Federal Trade Commision found the
> RIAA guilty of over priced CD's and they were suppose to change it. Now
> their excuse is they are loosing money. To me it is B.S. Most Artist makes
> their money on Merchandise and Tours. Less than 5% of the income is Album
> or should I say Cd and few tape Sales.

That is true. Recording contracts usually do not compensate musicans fairly.

> Once being a former Professional Musician and being a band that was signed
> and working for bands over 15 years most news you hear is RIAA garbage.

True again. The riaa is a criminal enterprise intent on ripping off
musicians and the public.
Smitty