Re: [SLUG] How to join the secret Java Society

From: Ranjan Sharma (webuser@thelinuxusers.net)
Date: Mon Aug 05 2002 - 21:30:59 EDT

Hi,

        I don't think we can write ncurses applications with java
but backend applications like servers are possible with java.
iplanet web-server is written in java if i am correct.

        I do agree on the secret society though. I think you have to
be a manager to understand java or its sister technologies. I have
yet to found a java/jsp/servlet/bean or any other tutorial which
expalins in simple terms what it is.Instead those tutorials
and docs seems to be in a competion to coin new catchy words
and phrases which makes it a pain to learn java for a c/c++
programer.

Bye
ranjan