[SLUG] Computer Liquidation Report

From: jeremy bowers (ferret@jeremybowers.com)
Date: Wed Aug 07 2002 - 21:50:28 EDT

Folks:

I attended the City of St. Petersburg computer liquidation this morning.
Of the 8 people I saw, 1 worked for the city and five were SLUG members.

Anyhow, there were about 6 large (8'x8'x4') wooden crates full of random
computer equipment. Mostly old radios and vt100 terminals. However, some
people got great finds. I hauled off 5 complete systems (with RAM), a pair
of monitors, and a laserjet 1100.

Others got a P3 workgroup server which looked fresh off the office floor,
a stack of Pentium or Pentium pro desktops, handfulls of hard drives and
CDROMS, and, in one case, an old tandy.

I left by 9:00am and everything had been pretty much ravaged.

That's my report,
Jeremy

--
Pine: