RE: [SLUG] HCC Linux/Unix courses

From: Federico Paini (federico@federicopaini.com)
Date: Thu Aug 08 2002 - 14:37:00 EDT

The majority of my teachers are Americans and the ones that are not
speak very good English (sometimes better than some American students I
may add).

> My daughter is going to USF, her last semester she had a math teacher
> that couldn't speak English. Not much more than 'hello'.
That's USF.... I would not generalize even if I agree that public
education in this state (I lived in NYC for 3 years) is somewhat sub
par.

> She, my daughter, never did figure out what the math teacher was
> saying/writing/teaching. Couldn't even tell me what the material was
> about, aside from the course description in the catalog. She
> did get a
> B though...
I would have complained if I was in her, and complained loud. Students
can do a lot to improve the quality of the education.

Federico