RE: [SLUG] HCC Linux/Unix courses

From: Todd Robinson (mtrob@penguix.com)
Date: Thu Aug 08 2002 - 14:12:04 EDT

A little late to the thread, but what the heck...

> Welcome to the mainland. No, actually, welcome to Florida.
> This state is horrible when it comes to education - just ask
> any educator.

If you can find one that speaks English.

My daughter is going to USF, her last semester she had a math teacher
that couldn't speak English. Not much more than 'hello'. Put her notes
on the board in a mix of %70 Portuguese and bad English. Her Computer
science course was taught by a nice gentleman that had his girlfriend
teach more of the course than he did...

She, my daughter, never did figure out what the math teacher was
saying/writing/teaching. Couldn't even tell me what the material was
about, aside from the course description in the catalog. She did get a
B though...

Todd