Re: [SLUG] HCC Linux/Unix courses

From: Ian C. Blenke (icblenke@nks.net)
Date: Tue Aug 06 2002 - 19:25:58 EDT

Gnorb,

When I was in highschool, there was "dual enrollment" where college
bound highschool students may take a limited number of college level
classes (under 12 hours?) - usually thier junior/senior year. At least
this is how things were back around '91 (I transferred to a public
Florida highschool my senior year - it *really* sucked).

As your son is *just starting* highschool, he might consider just
tagging along without college credit. Depending on how full the class is
(any Unix course will definitely weed out, particularly at a Community
College), you might ask Wayne if he doesn't mind letting your son sit-in
on the classes. I'm betting Wayne is a nice guy.

Community Colleges are generally lax when it comes to such things, but
you never know. It's generally left entirely up to the teachers to
enforce such things.

Welcome to the mainland. No, actually, welcome to Florida. This state is
horrible when it comes to education - just ask any educator.

- Ian C. Blenke <icblenke@nks.net> <ian@blenke.com>
http://ian.blenke.com