Re: [SLUG] slugbay

From: robin (robin@roblimo.com)
Date: Sat Aug 10 2002 - 05:09:38 EDT

> Of course, I'm open to contrary arguments. All I'm saying is that in my
> opinion, new lists aren't really needed. I think the charter on the
> current SLUG list is flexible enough to allow this kind of traffic. And
> hopefully subscribers are tolerant enough to simply delete what they
> don't want to read, rather than screaming about it. But then, I've been
> wrong before. ;-}

There are whole SLUG threads I delete because I'm not interested in
them, but other people *are* interested in them, so I don't kick about
their existence. Of course, I'm used to getting email that says, "Why is
this story on Slashdot? I'm not interested in it," from people who don't
understand that they are not the only Slashdot reader, and that no one
is forcing them to read every story on the page.

All list moderators and all editors are fascists. It says so in the
manual. Deal with it, Paul. I'm taking over moderation of the Online
News Association email list before long. I am going to be hated. I
accept this. But someone has to do it.

- Robin