Re: [SLUG] Hard drive dumping

From: R.G. Mayhue (r.g.mayhue@verizon.net)
Date: Sat Aug 10 2002 - 20:34:16 EDT

On Saturday 10 August 2002 06:58 pm, you wrote:

> I want to dump the complete contents of a 20 GB harddrive onto a
> new 40 GB harddrive. Any recommendations how I should do this?
> Smitty

Go and check out Partition Image for Linux. It looks like you can do
all kinds of neat things with this. I have never tryed it but it
sounds like what you are looking for. According to the website the
'dd' command won't work correctly do to the 'resize' thing.

See below for more info.

http://www.partimage.org/

If you use it let me know how well it worked for ya :)

--
R.G. Mayhue
r.g.mayhue@verizon.net