Re: [SLUG] Help

From: Bill (bill@organic-earth.com)
Date: Sat Aug 10 2002 - 22:26:26 EDT

On Saturday 10 August 2002 07:50, you wrote:

> > Well, I thought I would run the command and see if my output parralleled
> > yours. I think we're both in trouble. :-(
> > ----------------
> > [root@organic-earth /]# /usr/local/apache/bin/apachectl status
> >
> > Forbidden
> >
> > You don't have permission to access /server-status on this server.
> >
> > _Since when_ does _root_ not have permission to access /server-status ?
> > And if root doesn't, who does?
>
> the apachectl status/fullstatus command fires up a browser (lynx, the
> text-based browser) and directs it to a special URL on the server. For
> it to work, apache has to 1. be set up to respond to the URL and
> 2. allow the requester to access the URL.
>
> For #1 to work, the mod_status has to be installed and working, and
> something like the following shoud be in either the main section of
> httpd.conf or within a <VirtualHost>:
>
> <Location /server-status>
> SetHandler server-status
> Order deny,allow
> Deny from all
> Allow from .yourdomain.com
> </Location>
>
> You can change the /server-status part in the Location to whatever
> you want... the key to this whole thing is the SetHandler
> server-status directive. The stuff following SetHandler is for access
> control.
>
> For #2 to work, the access controls have to be set to allow requests
> either from all (Allow from all) or from a certain domain (Allow from
> ...).
>
> Good Luck

Thanks. I'm not certain if I compiled mod_status in or what. But I'll poke
around and make the changes in the conf file and if it's there, then I should
get the status info.

Bill

--
 10:21pm  up 6 days, 22:38,  3 users,  load average: 0.16, 0.30, 0.28

"I'm thinking of going back to Windows; in Linux, none of the viruses seem to work."

http://organic-earth.com Organic urban gardening. With photos.