Re: [SLUG] an annoying feature of copy and past can anyone offer suggestions

From: Joe (mce@dalismustache.com)
Date: Tue Aug 13 2002 - 19:47:45 EDT

This is a nifty X feature....
Highlight the text you want to paste in it's application.
Then immeadiately switch over to the other app (don't highlight any text in
the app to be pasted into) and press the middle mouse button/scroll wheel (or
if you don't have a middle button/scroll wheel to push you should click both
mouse buttons at the same time) It'll paste whatever is highlighted in the
other app.
I use this all the time for even very large amounts of text.

-Joe