Re: [SLUG] RE: rpm -rebuild foo.src.rpm command

From: Ronan Heffernan (ronan@iotcorp.com)
Date: Wed Aug 14 2002 - 03:20:32 EDT

> Actually there is only one with the -hpoj.so.1, but there are two others
> that have hp.so and hp.so.1. Maybe that's the problem its looking for
> more than one with the -hpoj ending on it. Maybe if I uninstall sane
> and then reinstall it? Maureen

No, the fact that 'glob' is being used probably means that it is OK that
there is more than one file. If exactly one file, with a known name,
were expected, then there would be no reason to use glob (though I guess
it is possible that exactly one file is expected, but the name is not
known (but that seems weird)). Are the some of the other files
symlinks? It is normal for one library to have symlinks to make it
accessable in a more general fashion. For Example:
    libpgm.so.9.7 is a specific version of libpgm
    libpgm.so.9 is a symlink to 9.7, and allows programs to specify that
they need to load some functionality out of any 9.x version of libpgm
    libpgm.so is a symlink to 9.7, and allows programs that need some
libpgm functionality (maybe they were compiled against 8.7) to still
find some version of libpgm.

--ronan