Re: [SLUG] NIS map file with wildcard

From: Adrian deLisser (adriand@tampabay.rr.com)
Date: Wed Aug 14 2002 - 17:05:05 EDT

If anyone is interested, I finally figured this one out (after reading
the documentation several times, and an hour or so of google.com
wading):

The auto.master file on the NIS server should contain:

/home auto.home

and not:

/home /etc/auto.home

The NIS clients (via /etc/nsswitch.conf) then tell autofs to request
it's files (auto.master, auto.home) from the NIS server.

-Adrian