[SLUG] NIS map file with wildcard

From: Adrian deLisser (adriand@tampabay.rr.com)
Date: Wed Aug 07 2002 - 22:06:23 EDT

I am trying to use wildcards in an NIS map file on SuSe 8 to auto mount
/home from several (NIS) client machines back to the server. When I
attempt to use wildcards (as in 'man 5 autofs') automount spits out an
error: 'lookup for adrian failed: Request arguments bad'

Specifically, I wish to use wildcards in my auto.home file as follows:

* -rw,hard,intr 10.0.0.1:/home/&

with an auto.master file containing :

/home /etc/auto.home

Now, when auto.home contains:

adrian -rw,hard,int 10.0.0.1:/home/adrian

then automount works just fine!

I cannot find any recent reference to such a problem on google.

What am I missing?

-Adrian