[SLUG] KDE Takbar Poblem

From: Robert Stia (rnr@sanctum.com)
Date: Wed Aug 14 2002 - 23:32:41 EDT

Hello Sluggers,

Since I upgraded to KDE3.02 I have developed this weird taskbar problem.
There are 3 users, and of course root that are accessed in the GUI. For two
users the task bar is perfectly normal. For the 3rd user,(me) the icon that
shows the four desktop terminals is gone. In it's place is a big arrow that
when clicked on will bring up the desktop screens to choose.OK can live with
that.

The root taskbar is the worst. There is nothing there to choose between the
desktops. (Yes, I can bring them up individually from the keyboard) But,
the really bad part is that when a window is minimized it just completely
dissapears !! Does not show up at all in the taskbar and there is no way to
bring it back up again. That means constantly opening then closing windows.
If I do inadvertantly minimize a window I have to do a ps ax and kill
everything before I shut the session down.

I have done everything I can think of in the Control Center and prefereces on
the taskbar itself. There doesn' t seem to be any way to change it. (Another
thing: Look and Feel /Styles...half of the options don't work. Shows loading
progress bar at 70% and is frozen - Don't care about that unless it is
related to my problem)

Anyone else experience this? or have any ideas??

Bob S.