Re: [SLUG] KDE Takbar Poblem

From: Robert Stia (rnr@sanctum.com)
Date: Fri Aug 16 2002 - 02:34:36 EDT

On Sunday 11 August 2002 08:01, you wrote:
> Desperate times call for desperate measures.
>
> I have had a similar experience with Gnome in RedHat. Reset the system to
> text login, if not already, and try deleting the .X files in the root users
> home directory from the command line. Then initialize the X session again.
> This should reset Xwindows to it's original state (all desktop
> configurations, ie. icons, wallpaper... will have to be setup again). If
> this scares you, add another user and see what the Xwindow session looks
> like to make sure everything is set up correctly.
>
> By deleting the .X files in the root users directory, it will only affect
> the root user. All other users will remain unchanged.

Chuck,

As suggested, because I am a chicken, I created a new user. Came up with a
whole bunch of .x files. Further checking shows each user has different .x
files. Which are the one that you suggest I delete?

Ronan,

Your advice brings back the four terminals. Thanks That doesn't cure the
dissapearing files when they are minimized though. That is the worst problem

Bob S..