Re: [SLUG] "Demo" version of Linux

From: Mike Manchester (mchester@pobox.com)
Date: Fri Aug 16 2002 - 19:13:15 EDT

Here's one that was meant to be used to trouble shoot or recover a dead
box, thus it's name Toolbox. But it has a gui, networking, and some
basic tools. Not word processor any thing and it will fit on a credit
card size cd.
Also Redhat has a system you can install on Windows without doing a
partitioning of the system. Though it's slow as it's a compressed image
on the harddisk that is loaded into memory. There is CYGWIN which gives
you some Linux function(S) in Windows, I've tried this out and it's
pretty slick I love having the ls function in on windows not to mention
VI on windows, when I'm forced to use Windows of course.
Mike M.