Re: [SLUG] FL High Tech Companies

From: Frank Roberts - SOTL (sotl155360@earthlink.net)
Date: Fri Aug 16 2002 - 23:41:45 EDT

Hi Ronan

There is a fine OCR program in RH 7.3 which I am sure will reduce the size
considerable.
In fact there is a fine OCR program in the Windows box into which I scanned
then as I have not got the scanner to work in the Linux box. Seems I have a
slight interrupt problem there which I am working on.

But no I haven't OCR them.

All I have done so far is to burn them to a disk.

Why laze I guess or maybe it is that I recall my last venture in mass OCRing
and the enormous amount of time it consumed. That was a bit much though. Two
directories that were equivalent to 2 volumes of a New York City telephone
directory.

Frank