Re: [SLUG] Recommended dreamweaver style app for Linux

From: Ronan Heffernan (ronan@iotcorp.com)
Date: Sat Aug 17 2002 - 03:14:59 EDT

patrick grantham wrote:
> Despite it's failings, dreamweaver renders (as best it can) html. What are
> the apps for web development for linux?
>
> Patrick

Is Dreamweaver WYSIWYG? If so, maybe Netscape/Mozilla composer or you
should be able to export HTML from any of the Office Suites. There are
some pretty good tag-assist editors like Bluefish and Quanta.
Personally, I usually use vi, but Quanta+ looks pretty good. I can't
stand WYSIWYG auto-generated HTML; it is rarely exactly what you want,
and it is never structured well for manual clean-up.

--ronan