[SLUG] Need help, I appear to victim of mischief

From: Darr Palmer (darr@darrpalmer.com)
Date: Sat Aug 17 2002 - 11:36:54 EDT

Hi all,

Last Friday I left my previous job to go to work for a new employer. Lets
just say that my parting was not happy because of the immature actions of my
previous employer.

Suddenly, as in since last Saturday, I have appeared to become the victim of
some very ingenious mischief. My server appears to be the victim of DOS
attacks. And I suddenly have began getting several virus attacks via email.

I tried to install RAV anti virus for PostFix and my server went berserk,
although it may have been coincidental with a DOS attack.

I am now getting messages on my terminal when I reboot the server to the
effect, "Sorry I was gone, but I am back now".

Can anyone lead me in the direction of verifying if in fact I just happen to
be getting random emails with viruses, or is it a deliberate attempt to
interfere with my website and email.

And specifically where it is being generated from. If it is as I suspect, I
would like to have the proof before I confront the party responsible with my
attorney.

Any help would be appreciated

Please feel free to contact me off list.

Darr Palmer
darr@darrpalmer.com