Re: [SLUG] "Demo" version of Linux

From: Jason Pratt (warlord@tampabay.rr.com)
Date: Sat Aug 17 2002 - 12:57:50 EDT

On Friday 16 August 2002 04:04 pm, you wrote:
> I've heard Really Good Things(tm) about Knoppix:
>
> http://www.knopper.net/knoppix/index-en.html

Downloaded it and burned a copy to test and it wouldn't run. It'd boot but
once I chose my options for loading it'd quit with the following:

"Can't find KNOPPIX filesystem, sorry.
Dropping you to a VERY limited shell"

Do I have ot have a Linux filesystem on my machine? That won't work for her,
she needs to just run it off the CD and not worry about partitions etc.
Anyone know what is causing this? I'll give the SUSE one a try also...

-J